In November 2014 Mecasoft obtained the EN9100-2009 label.
Application areas: Aeronautics – Defense and Aerospace.
In those cases where the traditional techniques (milling, turning, …) produce no satisfactory results or are not applicable, Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) allows to machine complex shapes and to cut and drill in metallic materials with the highest accuracy available, down to one-thousandth of a millimetre.
– No mechanical contact between tool and workpiece
– Machining of complex shapes
– Machining of hard materials (hardened steel, diamond, carbides, …)
– Surface roughness values as low as Ra = 0.05
– Deep hole drilling with diameters starting from 20 µm (depending on the diameter to depth ratio)
The only requirement is for the workpiece material to be an electrical conductor or a semiconductor.